Saarthi Welfare Foundation Trust
Near Usgaon Dam
Yagopavit / Upanayanam
Upanayana (Sanskrit: उपनयनम्, romanized: Upanāyanam, lit. ’initiation’) is a Hindu educational sacrament, one of the traditional saṃskāras or rites of passage that marked the acceptance of a student by a preceptor, such as a guru or acharya, and an individual’s initiation into a school in Hinduism. Some traditions consider the ceremony as a spiritual rebirth for the child or future dvija, twice born. It signifies the acquisition of the knowledge of God and the start of a new and disciplined life as a brahmachari. According to the given community and region, it is also known by numerous terms such as janai or janea, poita/paita, logun/nagun, yagnopavita, bratabandha, bratopanayan, mekhal. The Upanayanam ceremony is arguably the most important rite for the Brahmin male, ensuring his rights and responsibilities as a Brahmin and signifying his advent into adulthood.
- Upanayan Program timing : 6.00 AM – 8.00 PM
- Upanayan kit will be given .
- Kindly contact the for for stay. 9867761306
- Kindly register for the Upanayanam program with your whatsapp number.
- Pregnant women and women in their monthly cycle cannot participate in the Upanyanam program.
- Women should carry a blouse to match the yellow saree which they have to wear on initiation day.
Kindly bring following iteams:
- Chandan / Bhasam
- Small hand towel
Bhoj / Prasadam
- Prasadam timing : 7.00 PM – 9.00 PM
|Mobile Number||+91 9867761306|